Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Star Tea and Scones


Yesterday I started playing with a recipe for peach scones and also got to try out the new cookie cutters Jaime gave me for my birthday! The result: some very yummy butterfly and owl pastries, lightly glazed with frosting:



Up next I think I'll work on perfecting a recipe for cinnamon scones (one of my favorite kinds!). The trick for moist scones I've found is buttermilk. That stuff works wonders. My mom and I were thinking the other day about how fun it would be to host a tea party sometime! Yes, we're both still little girls at heart.




Yesterday I also did a "Kelsey's favorite things of summer" shot.


Featured:
-Deborah Lippman nailpolish in "Prelude to a Kiss" and "Dream a little Dream of Me"
-Rouge CoCo Chanel Shine in Monte-Carlo lipstick
-Miss Dior Cherie
-Fresh gardenia blossom
-Embroidery
-Charlie II owl mug
-Green tea and bunny grahams
-Jane Eyre and Mrs. Dalloway
-Hair comb
-Watercolors

I've been very much enjoying my hot tea despite it being summer. It's a nice way to re-energize or relax (depending on whether it's caffeinated or not). Hot tea and fruit: what an odd combination, huh? But, that's been my diet. That and lots of carbs (as per usual).

The new book is coming along slowly but surely. I hope to have it done by the end of the summer (secret realistic goal=Christmas). But, I have a lot I want to get done by the end of the summer. It's just so hard to find inspiration and motivation most days. That's why reading and embroidery are nice: they require neither yet are still fun, productive activities.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, the only baking I've tackled successfully is beer bread...I would love to be able to make scones, yours sound delicious!

    I've been drinking tea all summer, too. But that's cos I've had allergies/cold for a month!

    ReplyDelete